Doodlebug Update 12/12/2011

ok, I’ve done a lot of work the past couple of days. First I used a wire wheel brush around the area of the hole and then laid some fiberglass with epoxy over and around it.

fg-patch1

After it dried I sanded the fiberglass patch smooth.

Fg-patch2

I also ran the wire brush around the rest of the rim to get rid of the rest of the rust as best i could.

inside-rim

I then sprayed the entire rim with a paint from Rustoleum that coverts mild rust into primer.

rim-painted

I then ran a layer of duct tape around the inside so the tube wouldn’t rub on anything.

rim-taped

I then drilled a new hole for the tube. It took a little bit of cursing and wrestling but I got the tire on the rim using my motorcycle tire irons that you see in the pic.

tire-on-rim

I then finally mounted the tire and have a rolling chassis again.—yippie
Oh I almost forgot, this is the hole in the rim I was talking about.

rim-hole

Author: Silvio Domingues

Share This Post On

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

 

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our blog.

You have Successfully Subscribed!