Doodlebug Update 1/15/12

Well finally got to do some work on the tractor today. First I had been waiting on carburetor rebuild parts, then I needed the time, so now that the holidays have passed there should be more movement.
I rebuilt the carb with the new parts. New needles, jets, springs, and gaskets. I had to use my tap and die tool set I got for Christmas to re-tap some threads where the main jet went. The old one was stuck and I had to drill it out to remove it.
I halfheartedly bolted it in place for now, I’ll tighten it up before I try to get the engine running again.

Stay tuned

ASDP-100-avatar

Author: Silvio Domingues

Share This Post On

1 Comment

  1. Silvio,

    I found your page from a Google search on doodlebugs. My wife and I have 20 acres in the Missouri Ozarks, but have no tractor. I downloaded the plans you posted, but while that little tractor is cute, it’s kinda inadequate for what I’m hoping to do. It also looks to be no more powerful than our lawn tractor.

    Your doodlebug rebuild, on the other hand, looks to be a pretty clever setup, what with the car trans and rear axle and all, plus hydraulics! I’m interested to see how you progressed with it this year.

    Regards,
    Nick

    Post a Reply

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

 

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our blog.

You have Successfully Subscribed!